Waste Management

The Shire collects domestic rubbish from the front road verge and weekly at Norseman townsite areas. Collection is on Mondays, or Tuesday following a public holiday and bins should be placed out from 7:00am.

240 litre mobile garbage bins can be purchased from True Value hardware store in Roberts Street, Norseman.

The Norseman Refuse Site is located 4km south of town on Dennison Drive.

The Eucla Refuse Disposal site is located 4km north of town on Commonwealth Road.

Residents are urged to ensure that when carting their own rubbish to the refuse site, that the load is secure ensuring items are not to fall off. Prior to dumping materials (i.e. sand, metal etc) on the street adjacent to premises, permission is required from Council. In an event these materials must be totally cleaned up at the completion of the job or at the expiry of the permitted time allowed.

Sewerage waste is disposed using septic tank systems. Effluent can be removed by local licensed operators.


Situated at the Shire office at 88-92 Prinsep Street and open Monday to Friday from 8.00am-4.00pm

Use of Library facilities is free. Photo identification is required before becoming a member of the Library. The library contains a wide range of children’s and adult fiction together with non-fiction books, DVD's and audiotapes. Members can borrow up to 4 books and 2 dvd/videos for 2 weeks.

Materials are exchanged with other shire libraries each month. Requests can be made for books held in other libraries through the library information service of western Australia.


The Shire maintains roads and footpaths in the towns of Norseman and Eucla.

It builds and maintains 842 kilometers of bitumen and 500 kilometres of non-sealed country roads in an area of 92,725 square kilometers and stretches from the shire of Kondinin (Hyden) to the South Australian border and the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder in the North and South to the Shire of Esperance

The Shire also maintains a range of directional and interpretive signs lookouts and other facilities for tourists, bushwalkers and for everyday use.


Council's health service is provided internally at the Shire of Dundas and is responsible for all environmental health issues pertinent to the wellbeing of the community. Should residents require any information on environmental health related issues please contact the Shire office and your concerns will be forwarded to the Environmental Health Officer.


When intending to construct a building or alter, demolish or remove an existing building, application is required to be made to Council’s Building Department. Applications shall be made on the appropriate form and lodged at the office of the Building Surveyor. Contact the Shire office on 9039 1205.

Demolition Licenses

An application and subsequent issue of a Demolition Licence is required to take down a building. The licence may include conditions deemed necessary for the safe and proper execution of such works.

Transport Licensing & Registration

The Shire of Dundas is the licensing agent on behalf of the Department of Transport. Any vehicle or licensing and registration queries can be directed to Shire Office between 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday.

Computerised Theory Tests (CTT) are performed at the Shire office between 8:30am and 3:30pm Monday to Friday. Practical Driving Assessments (PDA) are assessed by an instructor once per month. Bookings for tests can be made at the Shire office on 9039 1205.

Please go to the Department of Transport website for more detailed information

    01 February 2017 WHATS HAPPENING AT THE SHIRE Read More
  • Fire Restrictions
    01 October 2016 Fire Restrictions Read More
  • Shire of Dundas-Youtube clip
    01 August 2016 Shire of Dundas-Youtube clip Read More